Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Blog #3

I researched www.learnnc.com as my informative instructional website. It had intuitive and successful practices from lesson plans and teaching strategies. This site is useful for students and teachers; it has current research to online courses. The online site was organized with useful educational links, and an accessible search feature. I found that there lesson plans link was very useful and I could definitely use it for my future teaching. My content area is biology, therefore I looked at the science lesson plans and I found one about the rise and fall of mammoths. The lesson plan was an overview of the day with a main goal and then three standards/objectives to incorporate in it. The site also provides CEU course which are a variety of online course and training for students and teachers. The training helps teachers understand how to use new technology in classrooms like blackboard discussion for students. There is another link that brings you to several other educational websites that are searchable and catalog up to 3,000 educational websites. I did not find any usage charges for anything, so it is a very practical site for any student or teacher. This site is very useful and I absolutely will use it in the future.

No comments: